Lipscomb Academy Next Campaign 2016
As the largest of 97 private schools in Middle Tennessee—and as an institution unequivocally committed to serving the Kingdom—our dreams should be bigger and bolder than those around us. The long-range vision for Lipscomb Academy includes new academic program opportunities, enhanced and
expanded athletic facilities, moving the middle school to the Brewer campus, as well as construction of a new high school. This vision is bold and aggressive, like the heart and efforts of all those who have invested in this school over the years.
Spurred by a leadership commitment of $10 million from the Stephens Christian Trust in 2011, this campaign is the first of a multi-phase effort to move the academy into its Next.
This three-year initiative addresses five dreams for the academy:
• Academics that not only compete, but compel.
• New learning spaces that communicate expectations of greatness to our students.
• Fine arts programs that grow beyond our present statewide stature and bring national and global audiences “to their feet.”
• Athletics that build as much character as they fill trophy cabinets.
• An annual fund that is foundational to the school’s excellence and continued growth.
The next chapter of Lipscomb Academy’s rich history and deep roots in faith begins now. Believe in our students. Trust our commitment. Walk with us to an incredible future. Our Next begins now.
The Stephens Christian Trust Gift
Lipscomb Academy received the largest gift commitment in its history when the Stephens Christian Trust made a $10 million pledge to support future facilities and programs at the school. Bill Stephens made this generous pledge in honor of his wife, longtime Lipscomb Board of Trustees member, Neika Brewer Stephens. The gift will be realized in a future phase of the campaign.