$4.2 million investment
In our Next, the academic priorities include:
• The addition of four to eight additional IGNITE institutes, joining the two very successful programs presently underway.
• Year-round professional faculty development delivered by Lipscomb University’s College of Education, one of only four top four-star teacher preparation universities.
• We will begin, in middle school, an “Emerging Leaders” program in conjunction with the Institutes at Lipscomb University that introduces our young minds to important concepts in Christian spirituality, sustainability, conflict resolution, community collaboration and more.
• Expanding our new SEED School at Lipscomb Academy, an innovative approach to pre-K and kindergarten education where children are encouraged to be inquisitive, adventurous and creative.
Fine Arts Investment
Now is the time to take the academy’s highly praised, award-winning arts program to the next level. Taking that to our Next includes:
• New dedicated art gallery space that reminds our students on a daily basis that self-expression in themselves and others is a gift from God…and should be shared.
• An enhanced art program that will feature a visiting artist workshop component that will allow our students access to the very finest creative minds in both the visual and performing arts.
• Theatrical lighting system and renovation of stage areas in Acuff Chapel.
Innovative Learning Spaces & Technology
Elementary School Campus
Preparing a combined elementary and middle school campus:
In our Next, the elementary and middle school will be on one campus—the Brewer Campus at Granny White and Harding Road. In preparation for this step, this campaign includes plans to immediately bring our present facilities up to a standard that reflects our commitment to education…Now!
At the heart of this investment is the classroom, where the inquisitive mind of a child is challenged and shaped. Our vision is to create learning spaces that will transform the way we teach and provide every student the opportunity to excel at learning. Installation of new technology, furnishings designed for collaboration and a refreshed classroom environment will provide an atmosphere of creativity and learning.
Elementary School Investments: $1.68 million
• Renovation and Installation of Collaborative Learning Classrooms: $1.26 million (30 Classrooms @ $42,000 each)
• Renovation of Common Spaces, Hall and
• Library with New Technology and Furnishings: $50,000
• New Lighting, Seating and Branding of
Middle and High School
At the present middle and high school:
Our Next includes the acquisition of the final parcels of land that will enable us to build a new high school from Granny White up to the present athletics facilities at Lealand and Maplehurst. No, this will not likely happen by our 125th anniversary in 2016, but we will be critically staged for it to begin. In the meantime, we will renovate our older spaces to reflect a newer emphasis on achievement and student success.
Middle and High School Campus Investments: $2.0 million
The heart of this investment will be in the classroom, where the inquisitive mind of a child is challenged and shaped. While not as extensive as the renovations needed at the elementary, we are committed to the vision of creating learning spaces that will transform the way we teach and provide every student the opportunity to excel at learning. Installation of new technology, furnishings designed for collaboration, and a refreshed classroom environment will provide an atmosphere of creativity and learning.
• Renovation and Installation of Collaborative Learning Classrooms: $1.35 million (50 rooms @ $27,000)
• Seven Science Labs: $350,000
• Library Furnishings: $50,000
• Media Center/Collaborative Learning Center: $150,000