Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)
2012-2013 AITP SIG Leadership Team
President – Nicholas Painter
Vice President – Blake McClard
Treasurer – Dalton Gillikin
Secretary – Mason Howard
Communications Director – Heidi Henline
The College of Computing and Technology (CCT) at Lipscomb University is proud to sponsor a student chapter for the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP). This student chapter has been designed as an CCT special interest group (SIG) for all IT-related students, but of particular importance to those majoring / minoring in Information Technology or Web Application Development.
The AITP SIG exists to help CCT students develop a better understanding of the nature and functions of information technology. It does this through meetings / gatherings conducted throughout the academic year. While the focus of these meetings are varied and defined by the AITP leadership team, they always address one ore more of the following objectives:
· Promote sound general principles in information technology and to study technical methods with a view to their improvement.
· Present equipment related to information technology.
· Disseminate generally, by all appropriate means, all fundamentally sound principles and methods of information technology.
· Provide information of the most current methods, and assist them in solving their individual problems.
· Foster a better understanding of the vital business role of information technology, the proper relationship of information technology to management and the necessity for a professional attitude among information technology professionals in their approach to an understanding and application of the principles underlying the science of information technology.
Not yet a member but interesting in joining? Register now!
Members of AITP visited Gibson Guitar. Click here to read more about the trip!